Sprint 3 planning
This is what we’re planning to do in sprint 3: we’ll finish the bugs and features started on the previous sprint and add a few more. Quick summary:
- Planned - 77pt of which aprox 28pt are supposed to be done from previous sprint:
- In progress from previous sprint - 9pt, that after releasing would mean 37pt.
- Not started Bugs - 8pt
- Not started features - 11pt
- Not started research - 21pt
- Head Tags fails when HTML of
<head>is malformed [3pt] - https://github.com/frontity/wp-plugins/issues/27
- actions.source.fetch should populate link, route, page and query even if data exists [3pt] - https://github.com/frontity/frontity/issues/365
- actions.source.fetch with “force: true” doesn’t work as expected [3pt] - https://github.com/frontity/frontity/issues/340
- Frontity doesn’t work with Semantic UI [8pt] - https://github.com/frontity/frontity/issues/405
Feature Discussions in development:
Feature Discussions in research:
Sprint 3 Review
Note that, as we’re doing the release after the end of the sprint, some issues may be included as released in the announcement and not in this review.
Frontity team review
Released - 3pt
In progress - 39pt
We estimate that most of these points, except 4-5, are already done as they are pending review.
- Research - WP Comments [20pt]: We just have to write down properly the implementation proposal, but the research is already done and the feature ready to be implemented.
- Add publicPath option to CLI and pass it down to Webpack in both the build and dev commands [3pt]: Pending review, this is supposed to be already finished. Part of change publicPath feature.
- actions.source.fetch with “force: true” doesn’t work as expected [3pt]: Pending review, this is supposed to be already finished.
- actions.source.fetch should populate link, route, page and query even if data exists [3pt]: Pending review, this is supposed to be already finished.
Create the useFills hook [5pt]: This is supposed to be done, maybe 1pt is left because we have to review everything once
useConnecthook is merged.
- Create ComScore beta package [5pt]: Most of the development is already done, just the e2e tests are left. So we estimate that approximately 2/5 pt are left.
Not started - 35pt
- Create the Slot component [3pt]: Part of the Slot and Fill feature.
- Add ENV variables for the build, dev and serve commands. [3pt]
- Frontity doesn’t work with Semantic UI [8pt]
- Research - E2E testing that requires WordPress instances [21pt]
- useConnect hook: Edu has been working on this and it’s already done and approved. @David has been working on the docs and there are just few minor changes left.
useInViewhook: Edu worked on this and it’s already done, although we should wait until
useConnecthook is merged.
Robots.txt package: This is an external contribution. Koli14 created this Pull Request to develop this feature. The code is great and @mmczaplinski helped him with the tests and the docs. Apart from that he created another Pull Request to update our
now/builder. This one is pending review and once it’s approved everything should be ready to be merged.
- useInfiniteScroll hook: Edu is still working on this one.