List of all existing extensions

When I refer https://github.com/frontity/frontity I could see there are few extensions available. I am referring to the below section. I am wanted to use Disqus and Google Analytics extension. However, I don’t find any pointers with regard to the same. When I searched the packages inside npm repository with “frontity” (refer )with assumption that all the extensions for frontity will have reference to “frontity”. However, I couldn’t find either of the extension.

Oh, and by the way, Frontity is extensible . Right now we have extensions like Disqus comments, OneSignal notifications, Adsense, Doubleclick, SmartAds, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Custom CSS or Custom HTML . This means, Frontity Themes won’t have to reinvent the wheel and include the same functionalities over and over.

Hello @pandurang and welcome to the community!

Thanks for pointing this out, we definitely have to improve our readme and homepage to avoid this misunderstanding. The list of extensions mentioned refers to all the extensions that were available on the previous version of the framework (we call it Frontity PRO and it was not Open Source), we are currently working on migrating these extensions to Frontity Framework and make them publicly available. But they are not ready yet, that’s the reason you haven’t found them.

It will be really valuable for us to understand better what you are trying to build with Frontity and which extensions do you need. Can you let us know? :blush:

In addition I invite you to subscribe to the Frontity Newsletter (you can do so on our homepage) to stay up to date with all the releases.

2 Likes

The dev team is also working on a public roadmap. Once finished, it will be easier to see what extensions and features we’re working on, which will be next released and follow their progress.

1 Like

Thanks Pablo.
At present, I am looking to set up a company website and blog with word press and react. While searching for the frameworks I came across frontity. With the initial trials, I found it interesting as well as worth trying out for setting up my company site and blog. While doing this, There are two important aspects that are the important one being SEO and the second will be PWA.

To answer your question I am looking for Disqus, Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager extensions. I would love to contribute to make those extensions ready to use.

Thanks,

• Pandurang.
1 Like

Thanks for sharing all this info with us @pandurang

It would be great if you can create any of those packages! I’ve collected some links that might be useful for you:

How to create a Frontity package for Contact Form 7 - In this thread @luisherranz guides @imranhsayed and @smit.soni22 on how to create the “Contact Form 7 extension for Frontity”

Personal blog - Here you can take a look to a theme made by @jesus.designer, inside the thread you have a link to his GitHub repo where the code is available. The important part here is that he has integrated Disqus comments (but not as an extension).

If you want to create an extension, I invite you to open a thread here https://community.frontity.org/c/framework so we can assist you.

I Will just go through “contact form 7” thread and see how I can start.

I came across @jesus.designer thread and also looked at his blog where he has explained how to integrate Disqus with client side rendering. I guess what is important is to have server side rendering support, which will be more helpful from SEO perspective.

Hi @pandurang,

I guess what is important is to have server side rendering support, which will be more helpful from SEO perspective.

That’s right. :slight_smile:

Since implementing SSR on your own can be hard, one of the strong points about Frontity is that it does Server Side Rendering out of the box and takes care of common pitfalls.

If you’re interested in learning more about this topic, feel free to check out this guide we wrote on SEO for a headless WordPress theme. Hope it helps!

thanks for the pointer for general SEO.
However in this specific context of Disqus integration. If I understand correctly the way @jesus.designer has explained the Disqus integration with frontity will only be supporting client side rendering. Correct me if I am wrong here.

If I understand correctly the way @jesus.designer has explained the Disqus integration with frontity will only be supporting client side rendering.

Oh, yes, sorry! I didn’t read before that you were talking about that specific context. In any case, the dev team will guide you much better on the approach they followed with the Disqus extension in the previous version of the framework.

If you refer this link which explains the SEO implication of using facebook comments plugin ( Which is also applicable in case of Disqus being a third party comments service.)

Hi @pandurang!

Not sure but I think you can use the npm package disqus-react, maintained by Disqus team, and it will work as using Disqus comments in a normal WordPress. You don’t need to include the state.frontity.platform === "client" part that Jesus uses and it should work the same way.

As explained in the link you shared, Disqus creates an iframe that it’s loaded on the client via javascript, so if JavaScript is not enabled it won’t load, but it’s how Disqus works.

1 Like