Introduce yourself 👋

Hi @rtagliavia,

To be honest I’m having a hard time with the CPTs, but decided to hold on that part for a couple days and get a grasp on the BeforeSSR and the handlers.

Regarding this, our DevRel team published a new video on CPTs. Not sure if you are already aware of it - just wanted to share it in case it helps. :slight_smile:

Hi there :wave:

Just thought I’d say and introduce myself. I’m a web developer with 5 years of experience. I typically develop WordPress using the roots stack. More recently I’ve been learning React and exploring options to combine WordPress with React, which is why it’s very exciting to discover Frontity. I plan on using Frontity to build my new personal website, and would love to help contribute to the framework.

Many thanks,

Peter

4 Likes

Hi @peter.aiello :wave:

Welcome to Frontity! It’s great to have you here.

Please keep us posted with your progress! We would love to see your new personal site once you have it.

1 Like

Hello
Drishti here
i recently got to know about frontity .
i have few doubts regarding the integration .
Can we integrate material-ui with frontity

1 Like

Hello Drishti,

Welcome to the community. yes, you can integrate any component library with frontity. let me know if you have any other doubts regarding frontity.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi Drishti,

Welcome! Great to have you here. :slight_smile: In case you want to take a look, there was already a conversation about material-ui in this thread: Site with some issues and improvements. Hope it helps.

Hi there :wave:

I am Vasim Shaikh a WordPress developer since 2015. Once I am just watching tutorial for Theme developement and found Frontity. I want to explore more about. I have start some basic stuff and I found its easy.

Many thanks,
Vasim Shaikh

3 Likes

Hi @vasimmca2015,

Welcome to the community! Great to see you here. Keep us posted of your progress, we’d love to see what you build. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone :slightly_smiling_face:, my name is Reymundo Tenorio, I am a web developer in the largest newspaper in Nicaragua and I am using/learning Frontity to migrate the frontend of our website using this framework, our site has around +2 million visits per month. So it will be a great challenge and experience to migrate it. :rocket:

:information_source: I would really appreciate having more information about the setup for Multiple Sites because I pretend to migrate all the websites of this company.

5 Likes

Hello @reymundotenorio welcome to the community!

It’s great to read your plans with Frontity!

Could you please open a topic here with your questions?

1 Like

Hi there,
I’m Nuno, aka Hakira on some wordpress communities
Im glad to join on this community, what brings me here, is javascript language, and react more properly!

I do not know any of those 2, vanilla or react, however, i want to start my journey soon on it!
While i would love to learn javascript, it also makes me excited to be able to use react with wordpress

I decided give it a go!
Probably gonna start learn “the hard way”, but what comes hard also rewards gold

Best regards to everyone

3 Likes

Hi Nuno! Welcome!

I do not know any of those 2, vanilla or react, however, i want to start my journey soon on it!
While i would love to learn javascript, it also makes me excited to be able to use react with wordpress

Sounds great! Not sure if you’re already aware of them, but we have some JS and React guides in our docs:

They might help in your learning journey. :slight_smile:

I am Marten, I am 33 years old from Sweden now living in Spain. I have been using WordPress for 12 years professionally for 10.

I have been a freelancing WordPress developer since 2010. However, for 4 years I am mainly focused on SEO for my affiliate sites.

I am quite new to React but I enjoy the challenge.

2 Likes

Hi @marten,

Welcome to the community! Great to see you here.

Do you have any project to use with Frontity in mind? :slight_smile:

Hello I’m Grégoire,
I’m a 37 years old Dev from Lyon, France.
I’m new to frontity and have decided to use it for a client as a freelancer.

1 Like

Yo, fellas! Looking forward to cooperate with you! I have some front-end developing background, but i preety much 0 at web-development. Right now I’m creating an online store and have some questions about frontity. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @gregoire and @ssffggdd,

Thank you both for joining the community, and welcome! Feel free to share any questions you might have in the Dev Talk & Questions category.

Looking forward to seeing your projects! :slight_smile:

Hi ! I’m Marc, just discovered Frontity today usually I only work with WordPress page builder but I’m exciting to start a new project with Frontity :blush:

2 Likes

Hey @Marc.GB welcome to the community!

Can’t wait to see what you build using Frontity, keep us posted :blush:

Hi Guys,

Introduction from my side. And a little background how I ended up at frontinity.

Recently one of our major websites (wordpress) got hit by the google core update of 3 december. We lost about 25% of our traffic. Although it’s always hard to predict, I think speed is definitely one of the reasons. So I started researching how people got their websites so fast.

After looking at some websites that actually got an increase in traffic, I noticed quite a few of them were on react, and were in fact insanely fast as well. At that point I realised, I want this speed for my website :slight_smile:

Last 2 days, i’ve been playing around with gatsby, and it was not until 2 hours ago, that I stumbled upon frontinity. It seems that this is exactly what i’m looking for.

Some feedback from me. I have to say, I was a bit skeptical about frontinity in the beginning. Since i’m quite visually oriented, I had to dive deep into frontinity templates, before I found one that was appealing to my eye. (i’m lazy and like to work from templates ) Hence also the reason why I liked gatsby, because i could find some visually very nice themes such as this one.

After finding this template https://awsm.in/, and looking at the stunning results of pagespeed of google, I was sold.

Oh, and btw about me. I have basic dev knowledge. HTML/css and a little bit of javascript. I work my way through tutorials, to get things working :wink:

Excited to start exploring frontinity in the next days/weeks and see if I can get it working.

5 Likes