Introduce yourself 👋

Great to have you here Adrian :blush:

1 Like

Hi @ardillan!

I like video games, the post-rock music and really enjoy taking walks into the nature.

Oh nice! I love post-rock music too. :smile:

Glad to see you here, welcome!

1 Like

Bienvenido, Adrian. Let me know if I can be helpful somehow.

3 Likes

Hi there everybody,

My name is Sean Doldersum, 30 years old and a Frontend Developer from Nijverdal, The Netherlands.

I’ll be trying to make a website with a custom ecommerce platform (with approximately 60.000 products). It’s connected to not 1 but 2 API’s for all the data that is being served.

I’m really exited to see how Frontity will preform with all this. Hardest part untill now is figuring out the authentication for the logged in part of the site. This will also determine the prices for the user. If people have good ideas pls let me know. Also on how to change the prices and creating a custom cart for this.

Happy coding everybody!!

3 Likes

Hey @sean.doldersum great to have you in the community :blush:

I’m looking forward to see how the project you mention evolves, keep us posted!

Take a look at this thread: How do I add woocommerce endpoint to the state?

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Yahya Makarim, a 3rd-year university student and an ESL Instructor :slight_smile:

I have been working with WordPress since 2017 and started my career as a WordPress developer with TechSharks in 2018 and I am still working with them. besides, I created my own startup CodeNawis at the end of 2018 and has been working freelance and company based since then.

I started to work with other programming languages & Frameworks in my free time and so far I know JAVA, Python - Django - Flask, Dart - Flutter, PHP - Laravel, JS - React - Vue - Svelte and so many others.

I love react and I had already created a WebApp using nextjs and WordPress cms, but when I came across frontity, It had already had everything out of the box :smiley:

Therefore, I created a theme for Frontity, available in npmjs (click here) and github (click here). It was a fun experience working with Frontity :innocent:

I have also created Frontity Share Package that is still under work but works fine with the 2 methods mentioned there. so fill free to use it and give me a :star: to encourage me more :pray:

Thank you for your awesome framework @luisherranz @Pablo @SantosGuillamot @Reyes and team. God bless

4 Likes

Welcome to our community Yahya Makarim!

Your contributions have been great so far, happy to have talented people like you here.

1 Like

Hi All,

I am Philippe, a 29y old software engineer from Switzerland. I did some stuff with WP for my photo porfolio, and football fan site. I did also do some stuff with Graph CMS, and GatsbyJS for some other private projects.

Now with Frontity I am planing to create a new website for a newly opening language school and trying to get bit more into React while doing that

2 Likes

Hi!
My name is Evhen, 24 y.o. developer from Ukraine.

I have 4 years of experience developing complex Wordpress projects using Vue.js. I used the usual theme and connecting the Vue.js components through the anchor in MPA mode because we had such requirements for SEO.
All this time I was waiting for a well-supported project on an independent front-end with server rendering out of the box and was glad to know about your achievement at the JS Nation. Now I am considering the idea of transferring from Vue.js to the Frontity a rather complicated project.

2 Likes

Welcome @phn!

This sounds great! Make sure to share the result with us!

Hi @veliky.dev!

Happy to see that you discovered us in the JSNation event :slight_smile:

Feel free to open a discussion in the forum if there’s anything you want to discuss or need help!

In fact, we would love to hear your first impressions with Frontity as you have been battling with a Headless architecture already.

I will do that when finishied. Is there any thread already about how you guys are setting up your Developing Environment? Like which IDE you use and stuff like that?

Great :slight_smile:

I can’t remember any thread covering this, feel free to open one discussion here and let’s see how’s the community setting this up :nerd_face:

Hey there!

Nice to meet you and first of all: Frontity looks promising! I’ve watched your YT channel and planned to watch the 3-hour long live on how to use your framework.

As I’ve been working with WP since 2010 helping ad agencies I have two major questions:

• Can I use current WP plugins? If yes, any of them?
  • Can I use current WP themes? If yes, any of them?

I quickly dived into those questions earlier and my perception says a clear “no” but I’d like to confirm it with the core team.

Already scheduled to build something with Frontity this week!

2 Likes

Hi @cesarkohl

Welcome to the community.

Regarding your first question: you can use any WP plugins that add their content to the WP REST API.

There are two ways that this can work. Some plugins implement a shortcode to render content - these are the easiest to work with as you embed the shortcode in a page or post and the rendered content is included in the JSON that Frontity receives from the REST API.

The other way that a plugin can add content to the REST API is by exposing any Custom Post Types or Custom Taxonomies using the show-in-rest property. But even if the plugin author does not do this you can still “retro-fit” this functionality - see here for how to do this.

Regarding your second question about themes - WP themes are effectively by-passed when using WordPress as a headless CMS. With Frontity you normally just work with the JSON responses from the WP REST API and the theme is basically redundant (except insofar that WordPress requires at least a minimal theme to function - but this can consist of just stub index.php and styles.css files).

1 Like

Hi all! :wave:
We are “Ankaa studio”.

We have a large experience with Wordpress and eager to start developing projects on Frontity + WP.
We have some projects with VueJS, AngularJS, and we hope to improve our knowledge in ReactJS, while developing with this framework. We will try to collaborate with the community as much as we can, in order to grow together.

6 Likes

Thanks, Michael!

Today my team and I watched half of your tutorial and it’s quite interesting: the Frontity’s object contains a lot of organized data. Good! Regarding the WP plugins, we googled about it a little bit and it seems that Yoast and Advanced Custom Fields are already integrated with the WP REST API.

We’ll give it a try in the next days. Looking forward to give you a detailed feedback on our experience with Frontity.

Best,
Cesar

1 Like

Hey Ankaa, I’d like to know about your experience as we’re starting to play with Frontity as well. It may be interesting to share experiences as we’re on the same learning level.

1 Like

Hi Cesar, we have a little experience, but if we can help it would be great, if you want you can send me a message with your doubts maybe there is something we already tried.
In summary we tried to use the data from the post and categories, custom post types, create a handler to get the data from a options acf page, multilanguage site (es/en) and now we are trying to get the menu from Wordpress

2 Likes

Awesome, great to have you on board! We look forward to receiving your feedback and to your participation in the community. I’m sure you’ll have lots to contribute and share.

1 Like