Introduce yourself 👋

Beautiful code there Jesús! :smile:

Hola Jesús!

Welcome! We’re helping organize a WordPress meetup for Devs here in Madrid. The first one is taking place the 12th of June. It would be great if you could come or join us as a speaker next meetups (they’ll be back in September/October).

Meetup for devs great idea, that date is bad for me but I would like join as a listener :wink:

1 Like

Sure @jesus.designer! You’re more than welcome! :blush:

Hi everyone! :raised_hands:

I’m Smit, 24yrs old ,a full-stack developer. I have been mostly working around React, WordPress, WooCommerce and of course wp-rest API.

Well more about me! I love programming. My programming journey started during my graduation days started by playing with microcontrollers (Electronics & Communication Engineering). But gradually I found more interest in web technologies. I works with react, wp-theme, plugin, woocommerce, wordpress & woocommerce rest api, headless CMS (wp + react), a little bit with solidity (ERC-20). Living Digital Nomad life, worked from the Himalayas to Indian west coastal area. Also wp plugin dev (on .org)

Recently I heard about Frontity from my friend. In the first view, I loved this project :sparkling_heart:. Best wishes to frontity team.

:thinking: Do you have any docs for creating an extended functionality for frontity? (Eg. theme, custom api support etc.)

See you soon.

Thanks,
Smit

4 Likes

Hi, @smit.soni22, and welcome!

We plan to release documentation soon explaining the concepts of the framework, which will include how frontity extensions work.

We also want to create several useful extensions that also serve as an example for developers to make their own.

For now, you can look at the v1.0 roadmap to keep up with the progress.

Thanks for joining our community! :wave:

Thanks, @David!

It’s great news that V1.0 is coming with tons of features.

I have written a guide on “How to display Comments” in this forum. I know this feature will be available in V1.0, but till that time users can use it.

I also suggest that list down @frontity on producthunt & betalist like websites.

3 Likes

Hello,

I’m Konstantin, a webdev from Vienna, Austria. I studied Content Production and Digital Media Management and taught myself how to code on the side, so I’m interested in all things that are on the intersect of programming and (digital) media, so naturally, this project is very intriguing to me.

Hope to make some cool stuff :slight_smile:
Cheers!

3 Likes

Hi @smit.soni22 and @Konstantin! Welcome to the community :smile:

Hello Smit!

Many thanks for your suggestion! We already submitted Frontity to a few of those sites but our submission is still under review in some of them. In Betapage the project has actually been published today. It would be great if you could upvote it: https://betapage.co/startup/frontity. :slight_smile:

If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to share them in the Communication category. New ideas are always welcome! Thanks again! :hugs:

1 Like

Sure will upvote :+1: & share frontity in my network.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: [Post/Guide] Create amazing websites using WordPress & React in a matter of minutes

Simon, from Australia, product manager, background in Dev and media publishing, also cmo of docto.com.au online doctor Australia first online hospital also built bin react. But now based out Bangkok building tech in the realty space, also react.

3 Likes

Hi @simon! Welcome to the community, feel free to share any doubts/feedback you have :grin:

Hey @simon @Konstantin and @smit.soni22! Welcome to the community :frontity:

Can’t wait to see what you are building with Frontity :blush:

Hi all,

Philip Ingram here, 43yr old from S. California, full stack but front is my passion. I also love riding dirt bikes, being outdoors, working out, drinking good craft beer and I love me some good ol fashioned punk rock music!

I started in telecom back in the early 90s running coax/copper/fiber Ethernet networks and building out server rooms then moved into Key/PBX phone system programming which by the late 90’s had me writing small programs mostly for proprietary systems. I then worked into back haul stuff like WAN (P2P/MPLS/ISDN…) provisioning and router programming and then got heavily into VoIP early 2k which is where I really started getting involved w/ Wordpress installing sites w/ scripts that integrated with the hosted VoIP Cloud PBX services (much like Twilio of today), i.e. click to call, scheduling appts, IVR-type stuff.

Late 2007, between the US housing market crash and my wife’s diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis I found myself at a crossroads needing to stay close to home + the telecom industry struggled a few years so I leaned heavily on my Wordpress skills to pick up more freelance work building sites mostly for small SEO firms. I did this mostly by volunteering online in forums and groups where I could pick up work through others inquiring about my work.

Over the years I’ve picked up my own client base, written custom themes, plugins and have played with all the page builders and most of the starter themes and while many I am still fond of, I am extremely excited at the possibility to work w/ Frontity!

4 Likes

Awesome Philip! Welcome to the community :raised_hands:

Hello community!

I’m Shaun, a 10 year strong web designer/developer currently going through the “change” to isomorphic javascript.

Firstly well done to the Frontity team, I’m loving your work :smiley:

I’ve spent the past few weeks playing with Frontity and here’s where I’m at: https://primitivedigital.co.uk/

I’ve tried to cram lots of graphics and animations which impact on performance into my new site.

Very few issues experienced with Frontity so far.

I do have a few questions before I release the repository but I’ll post these on the appropriate thread…

Shaun

2 Likes

Hi @shaun! Welcome!

Thanks for introducing yourself and sharing your project with us. Awesome work! (I’m loving the monkey pics :grin::monkey:)

I do have a few questions before I release the repository but I’ll post these on the appropriate thread…

Sure, please feel free to ask any questions and let us know about your experience. It may also be helpful for other users.

BTW, would you mind to share your site in the “Showcases” category as well? (https://community.frontity.org/c/showcases) :slight_smile: Thanks again!

Please do! :slight_smile:

By the way, I noticed your REST API sometimes takes several seconds to load… I recommend you to try this cache plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-rest-cache/. We’ve tested it here and it works really well.