Tag details page not found when linked to from other page, appears when hit directly

Hello,

I’m developing a custom theme for a site that has a different base URL for tags (topics).

I updated frontity.settings.js to include:

tagBase: "topics"

in the source json section.

I also have a custom handler to return me a list of all these tags:

export const allTopics = {
  name: "allTopics",
  priority: 10,
  pattern: "all-topics",
  func: async ({ route, state, libraries }) => {
    const response = await libraries.source.api.get({
      endpoint: "tags",
      params: {
        _fields: ["id", "name", "excerpt", "link", "slug", "count"],
        per_page: 100,
        orderby: "name",
        order: "asc",
      },
    });
    const items = await response.json();
    const currentPageData = state.source.data[route];
    Object.assign(currentPageData, state.source.data[route], {
      items,
    });
  },
};

I created a component that uses this handler and displays the list of topics fine.

When I click into a topic using the slug as the URL from that topic list page, I see the 404 page.

But when I directly navigate to it (if I just refresh the browser at the page for an individual topic) the post component shows up properly with the title of the tag.

I’m having a hard time figuring out why the page is not found when navigated to from the list, but comes up when hit directly.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Jayme

Hi @jayme

Welcome to the Frontity community.

Can you provide a link to a repo so that we can take a look at your code and clone the repo to reproduce the problem. It would be really useful if your API is publicly available too when we attempt to reproduce the issue.

See here for the kind of information that you can provide that will help us to help you.

Sorry for the delay in replying. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Could you let me know your github username and I can invite you?

It’s a private repo.

Hi @jayme ,

Sorry, but we (the Frontity team) dont provide support for private repos. We are first of all moderators of this Community Forum and our first goal is to moderate the issues so we or any other member of the community can provide help

Here you have the recommended information to provide when having issues on specific projects so the Frontity team or any other member of the community can provide help

If the code of the project cannot be publicly published, we recommend creating a sandbox with the minimal amount of code to emulate the issue