I redid my company's website in Frontity, here it is!

Slick looking website @min :slight_smile:

I think you have a small bug though! The cursor has opacity : 0 on the landing page which is really baffling to me and makes navigation very difficult.

Iā€™m taking over the cursor with a yellow dot on desktop (and the cursor is removed on tablet/mobile). Do you not see the yellow dot?

Nope! I have the some problem in both firefox and chrome (MacOS).

What resolution are you viewing at?

Iā€™m on a 13ā€™ macbook pro (2560 x 1600)

Ah I think due to resolution scaling you might be hitting Ipad pro resolution. Iā€™ll push a fix now that handles it :slight_smile:

Yeah, zooming out fixes it :slight_smile:. Looking at the devtools the cuplrit seems to be this rule:

@media only screen and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 2) and (max-device-width: 1366px) and (min-device-width: 1024px) and (orientation: landscape)
.css-1au9agd-Cursor {
    /* opacity: 0; */
}

Should be completely fine now :slight_smile:

Yup, can confirm. Nice work :+1:

Would really like to hear about your experience with frontity as well, by the way! Anything that you found problematic or annoying in particular? Did you enjoy working with it? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Definitely happy to chat! Itā€™s kind of crazy how quickly I was able to do this knowing nothing about Frontity and not being super advanced with React. It was a 2.5 week dev timeline, and the mouse elements in particular were challenging to do, not due to Frontity but mostly due to lack of familiarity with doing advanced react stuff. Iā€™m still looking for ways to improve the Lighthouse score in particular.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s great to hear @min :slight_smile:

We prefer to keep the feedback open so that everyone can see it. So, instead of a private chat could you edit the top comment and add a ā€œFeedbackā€ section mentioning what you liked and disliked (we know weā€™re not perfect, so donā€™t go easy on us :sweat_smile:)

Just to give you some idea of what we were looking for, hereā€™s an example of the feedback we found super useful: My experience and some feedback for frontity

PS. If youā€™d like to chat 1-on-1 as well, youā€™re very welcome to send me a DM!

2 Likes

Hey @min this is an amazing site! Kudos :blush:

1 Like

This is sick!! Incredible work man.

1 Like

Excellent work!

Iā€™ve been thinking about trying that ā€œreplace cursorā€ thing you did myself. Nice work!

1 Like

We also submitted the site over to Awwwards so if you all like it, please consider tossing a vote our way :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Voted! :raised_hands:

you have my vote as well!

1 Like

Really cool design, it took me little to get use to the cursor, but itā€™s definitely unique which I like. If you donā€™t mind some feedback though, I wish it didnā€™t move when scrolling, similar to the default cursor. Itā€™s a little disorienting after scrolling the dot jumps to where the actual cursor is.

1 Like

Definitely! I intend to fix that as soon as I can, thank you for the feedback!