I redid my company's website in Frontity, here it is!

Hello folks :slight_smile: This is one of the largest things I’ve ever done, and while several elements were coded quite sloppily due to time, I’ll go back and clean up a lot of the codebase. Here’s the site: https://fortstudio.com/

I’ll be detailing my workflow and give more details once I have some more time to detail my experiences, but just wanted to share it :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing it, Min! It looks amazing :heart_eyes:

Thank you for sharing @min! The site looks fantastic! I hope you build some more sites with the Frontity framework as I am very interested in seeing more of your projects. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Slick looking website @min :slight_smile:

I think you have a small bug though! The cursor has opacity : 0 on the landing page which is really baffling to me and makes navigation very difficult.

I’m taking over the cursor with a yellow dot on desktop (and the cursor is removed on tablet/mobile). Do you not see the yellow dot?

Nope! I have the some problem in both firefox and chrome (MacOS).

What resolution are you viewing at?

I’m on a 13’ macbook pro (2560 x 1600)

Ah I think due to resolution scaling you might be hitting Ipad pro resolution. I’ll push a fix now that handles it :slight_smile:

Yeah, zooming out fixes it :slight_smile:. Looking at the devtools the cuplrit seems to be this rule:

@media only screen and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 2) and (max-device-width: 1366px) and (min-device-width: 1024px) and (orientation: landscape)
.css-1au9agd-Cursor {
    /* opacity: 0; */
}

Should be completely fine now :slight_smile:

Yup, can confirm. Nice work :+1:

Would really like to hear about your experience with frontity as well, by the way! Anything that you found problematic or annoying in particular? Did you enjoy working with it? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Definitely happy to chat! It’s kind of crazy how quickly I was able to do this knowing nothing about Frontity and not being super advanced with React. It was a 2.5 week dev timeline, and the mouse elements in particular were challenging to do, not due to Frontity but mostly due to lack of familiarity with doing advanced react stuff. I’m still looking for ways to improve the Lighthouse score in particular.

2 Likes

That’s great to hear @min :slight_smile:

We prefer to keep the feedback open so that everyone can see it. So, instead of a private chat could you edit the top comment and add a “Feedback” section mentioning what you liked and disliked (we know we’re not perfect, so don’t go easy on us :sweat_smile:)

Just to give you some idea of what we were looking for, here’s an example of the feedback we found super useful: My experience and some feedback for frontity

PS. If you’d like to chat 1-on-1 as well, you’re very welcome to send me a DM!

2 Likes

Hey @min this is an amazing site! Kudos :blush:

1 Like

This is sick!! Incredible work man.

1 Like

Excellent work!

I’ve been thinking about trying that “replace cursor” thing you did myself. Nice work!

1 Like

We also submitted the site over to Awwwards so if you all like it, please consider tossing a vote our way :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Voted! :raised_hands: