WordPress + React

Devs,

I’ve spent the last few years developing WP sites and I’m starting a new multisite project. Should I build the network of sites using WP first, then use Frontity, or is Frontity my starting point, or other?

Thanks,
Chuck

Hi @info6

Welcome to the Frontity community. In general you would start with the WP side of things first. This would apply whether you’re building multi-site or single site. Frontity sources it’s data from the WP REST API so, unless you’re building a general purpose theme or package for distribution, it makes more sense to first create your data sources that Frontity would consume.

Hope this helps and don’t hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.

Much appreciated.

What would the setup process look like for a WP Multisite? Would I be able to set it on the parent and it will activate for the children, or do I need to activate on each child website individually? I just want to make sure there’s nothing I can tackle in down time during the build out.

Current domain structure:
123.com (parent)
abc.123dotcom (child 1)
def.123dotcom (child 2)
ghi.124dotcom (child 3)
and so fourth

Hi @info6

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this. The holidays got in the way! :man_shrugging:

TBH I’m not sure what you’re asking. Are you asking about setting up WP multi-site, or setting up Frontity to work with multi-site?

If the latter, take a look at our docs here.