[Upcoming] Talk about Frontity at Montevideo WordPress Meetup

Hi, I would like to be able to spread Frontity in Wordpress Montevideo, a Meetup that takes place periodically in Montevideo, Uruguay.

Do you have a presentation that I can use as a basis to develop a talk that I can use?

Here is a presentation that I am developing…

Thank you!!

3 Likes

Hey @vscopise I’m really happy that you are going to spread the word and present Frontity to your local WordPress community.

I’m afraid we don’t have an introductory presentation about Frontity (I’ll ask the rest of the team to double-check, maybe there’s something I’m not aware of), but you are right it could be really helpful for people willing to present Frontity like you. Do you have an idea of what type of presentation would be helpful for you?

And please, let us know how we can help you with this presentation!

Hey @Pablo,
I’ve heard the podcast in which you participated recently, it was very interesting !! :smiley:

I would appreciate your opinion on the presentation that I am preparing, although I can not provide you the script of my presentation yet.

Right now Frontity is unknown in my country, and I think there is a huge field for its growth.

Thank you in advance,
Vicente

1 Like

Thanks a lot Vicente! We will take a look at your presentation. I’ve just talked with @Reyes and she is also going to share with you some useful material to improve it :slight_smile:

Hi Vicente!

I would like to be able to spread Frontity in Wordpress Montevideo , a Meetup that takes place periodically in Montevideo, Uruguay.

That’s great to hear! Thanks for helping us spread the word. :clap:

A few months ago, @David and @luisherranz hosted a workshop on how to build a React theme with Frontity at WordCamp Seville (in Spain). Since I saw in your presentation that you plan to explain how to build a theme from scratch, you might find their resources of help:

In addition, we have a topic on the forum with other resources and a few videos that Fran Gallardo and Domini Code made in Spanish, in case you want to check them out:

Let us know if you have any questions!

2 Likes

Hi @vscopise!

Hope everything is going well! Did you have the chance to make any progress on your presentation?

I hope you found some of the resources we shared useful. If there’s anything else we can help with, do not hesitate to reach out! (We can also send you some Frontity stickers for the attendees if you wish. :smiley:)

Hi @Reyes ! :grinning:

The resources you sent me have been helpful, thanks!

I think the presentation will be given in the second Meetup, in the month of April
Of course the stickers will be very useful to motivate the attendees … :wink:

I take the opportunity to invite you to the second WordCamp Montevideo, which will be held in October, are there any chances that someone from the Frontity team can participate? Here you can see the latest Wordcamp

Meanwhile, I continue to learn this wonderful framework to complete the presentation.

Thanks!!

3 Likes

Hi Vicente!

I’m glad they helped. And many thanks for the invitation to WordCamp Montevideo!! :clap: We’d actually love to participate but I’m not sure if we’ll be able to. I’ll talk to the team in any case and let you know if there are any news.

Apart from sending the stickers, let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your talk! :grinning:

Hi @vscopise!

How are you? Is the Meetup in Montevideo finally taking place? Or was it cancelled due to the coronavirus outbreak?

I hope everything is going well in any case. :slight_smile:

Hi @Reyes !

I’m fine and you?

For now the cancellation of the event has not been defined, but the monthly meetings have been suspended.
The only thing we maintain is a Facebook group in which several Wordpress developers participate weekly.
I think it might be a good place to spread Frontity.
What you think?

I am fine too, thank you. :slight_smile: And thanks for the update!

The only thing we maintain is a Facebook group in which several Wordpress developers participate weekly. I think it might be a good place to spread Frontity.

Sure, I think it’s a great idea. Let us know if we can be of any help.

By the way, our workmate @juanma will be giving a free online workshop in Spanish next 20th of April (it will recorded and available later on Youtube). You already know Frontity but just in case you are interested. :slight_smile:

Its a great meetup where we discuss about tennis ball machine site or everything. Really Helpful. Thanks