Site Address (URL) Change from WordPress Setting to Frontity front-end

Hi, I hope you are doing well. I have created a blog site with Frontity. Everything is perfect except one issue.

Issue- I changed the WordPress site URL from WordPress settings to point to the front-end. I am doing this because the front-end is hosted in the main URL at vercel and Backend WordPress at a subdomain. I want if I click “Visit Site” on the top WordPress link it should redirect to my frontity URL(main domain). Well, After changing the Site URL from WordPress setting my Gutenberg editor going offline. Gutenberg is not working after change the URL

What is the possible solution?

Thank you

Hi @jewel

I’m afraid I don’t really understand the problem. Could you provide some code samples illustrating the changes you have made, or even better a link to a repo.

The state.source.url property in the frontity.settings.js file should point to the WordPress site from which you want to fetch your data.

Please see here for the kind of information that it’s useful for you to provide to enable others to help you.

Hi, I apologize for my bad English. Please check this screenshot- Screenshot by Lightshot

Explanation- I am using the Decoupled mode of frontity. WordPress hosted in subdomain. At the top left corner of WordPress dashboard, there is link called- “Visit Site”. If I click that its going WordPress sub domain front-end. I want to change this link. I want when I will click this link, it will go to my main domain (frontity front-end hosted under main domain)

I can do that easily if I change the “Site URL” from WordPress dashboard setting.
But the problem is if I do that Gutenberg not going work. Gutenberg always Offline

It should work if you set the “WordPress URL” to the location of your WP installation, and “Site Address” to your Frontity location.

If not, you will need to create a hook to change that link in the admin bar manually, however then you also have to figure out a way to change a lot more (like the permalink in the post/page pages, the quick URL to the current page you’re editing, etc.). Because there are a lot of references to the frontend which will not work properly.

Alternatively you could use a dummy theme which redirects all requests at the frontend to your Frontity URL.