I think the main takeaways were:
- They make sure people have fun at events.
- They make sure people feel welcomed to the community.
- They talk to everyone who joins and ask them what they want and how they can help.
- If there’s no conversation going on on a certain day, they start something to keep people engaged and active.
- They have gathered together different OS communities that otherwise wouldn’t have had the opportunity to collaborate (for example, data analysts with frontend devs).
- They gave away a lot of stickers (for laptops) and t-shirts so people can recognize each other and feel they are part of something bigger.
- They promoted the community giving talks at other events themselves.
Oh, and they have a beautiful slogan: “Peace, love and Open Source.”