NoobForce.net - New Frontity Site - Lots of functionality!

Hi everyone,

I’ve finally launched the frontity version of our website which is https://noobforce.net/

It took quite a while to make and a few things I had to work through them to get it working, but it’s finally here and I’m super happy with it! I really like working with frontity, it feels great to really get to grips with it, even if I personally found the learning curve a little longer than expected.

A couple of details on functionality:

• Homepage slider panel with data from ACF
  • Category slider panel with data from the latest posts
  • JWT Login via twitch (work in progress)
  • Dynamic menu (data being pulled from WordPress)
  • Creators data (this is pulled from ACF as well and a custom post type)
  • I have an auto publish process which rebuilds frontity and that has been working great!

I have a couple of issues with a few small things that I need to work through:

• Some of my fetch requests seem to error as the items aren’t found. I think this is due to a change in a post type slug or category as it’s trying to go to /videos/ instead of /games/. More investigation need!
  • Disqus comments are not currently working
  • Some styling issues that need cleaning up.

I hope you like the site, any and all feedback is much appreciated!

All the best, EpicWebs

5 Likes

Hey @EpicWebs congratulations on the launch!!

The site looks really cool, and the UX is just great :blush:

1 Like

Thank you! Hoping to improve it over time as well. I have a small issue with the featured videos section loading in a little slow, but hopefully get that sorted when I get more time on it again.

Another thing I would like to do is speed up my rest calls as they appear to be a bit slow when testing it!

Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @EpicWebs, thanks for sharing your project! It looks awesome :slight_smile:

• Disqus comments are not currently working

In case it helps, the community member JesĂşs shared in this post how he integrated Disqus comments in his blog.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m loving frontity so far, it’s very easy to use!

I got disqus working in the end! I used the wrong disqus id, oops.

2 Likes

seems like your DB is deleted

i am also having same issue , may be some hacker is targeting wordpress sites and asking for bitcoin

BTW curious to see code if you are ok to share, as we are working on something simillar

Thanks

1 Like

I just accidentially pushed something I shouldn’t of! :slight_smile: All fixed now.

I don’t have any open code, but if you have any specific features you are interested in I could probably come up with some examples.

i am particular interested in following 2 elements and how you managed it with ACF

The first thing I had to do to get any ACF fields working was to install the following plugin:

That helped a lot and allowed me to grab ACF fields. The next thing I did was create a custom handler for grabbing the homepage and loop through the return panels to output either the slider or the latest video section.

Another plugin that was pretty useful was:

It brings in data for relationship fields, so that you don’t have to go out and fetch them again. The ACF data is baked into the single request.

Then it’s just a case of building a slider component with React and the same for the tabbed panel section :slight_smile:

Good luck!

2 Likes

Hey @EpicWebs congrats, the site looks grate!
I don’t understand the quoted line. Why you need to rebuild frontity? You mean, after code change, it publish automatically?

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:
I was originally hosting the site on a different hosting provider (I’ve moved to vercel, it’s so easy, plus it’s nice and quick).

Before I changed to vercel, I had to setup a git hook to be able to auto push the site and rebuild. Now Vercel takes care of all of that for me.

Yes, I also use Vercel, they really do an amazing job, for a fair price. :slight_smile:

1 Like