The team is now working on the WordPress Interactivity API. This unblocks the same UX Frontity framework enabled but directly in WordPress Core, fully compatible with the new Site Editor.
Hello! I’m trying to make a custom configuration of node sever but I don’t understand very well how is creating the server. For example, I need to add a compression for the HTML that is sent to to the visitor browser.
I don’t understand very well the difference between the serve.ts and the serve.js. Also I see the build/server.js is a minified file.
luisherranz2
First of all, sorry for the lack of documentation. We are going to release more this week.
But to answer to your question: frontity build creates two things:
A final /build/server.js file.
A /build/static folder with other .js files and assets.
The /build/server.js is your server. You can either upload it to a serverless hosting or start it with frontity serve in your own Node.
The /build/static folder are the files that you will send to the client. They are served using the frontity serve command or you can upload them to a static server or a CDN.
We didn’t want to include it in the core because sometimes is better to leave that task to Nginx or your CDN. But we are going to release a @frontity/compress package that adds compression to the Frontity server itself. Actually, it’s one of the first server packages we want to release along with others like @frontity/headers.