Hey there, here’s my personal blog (with not too much content but I hope that will change shortly)
It’s a quite simple but effective one. I will write about the process very soon but as I don’t have too much time to spend on side projects, there are things that can be improved a lot but at least I made use of:
- Code Splitting
- Processors (to make highlight.js work)
Vercel is an absolute delight to work with: Easy, fast and free!
By the way, my site runs on WordPress.com. I redirected the domain and had to use some imagination for some parts but it runs smooth.
I also enjoyed a lot working with Frontity, it’s a quite effective piece of software with an easy install and quite simple extensible system. I still consider that there are areas that need improvement:
- Server extensibility: I know you are working on that, that’s cool. It would be interesting to process forms or any other kind of requests by extending the server. RSS is another use case, as I run the site on WordPress.com, I cannot use the wordpress.com RSS link as the domain is redirected.
- More guides for code splitting. I’ve struggled myself to realize that some components need a fallback component to load them by using
import()function. I still don’t understand this 100% but I’m on my way.
- Guide for authentication, if that’s possible without server extension.
- There’s no mention about language and localization.
- The processors doc page isn’t clear enough and feels more difficult than it is, I think it needs some rework and more examples.
- Some guide to manage cookies?
- A guide to make your own theme/package extensible and follow Frontity standards would be superb.
- Bug: If you define a processor without
processorfunction, you’ll end up in a white screen of death without too much information.
- Bug: Go to https://igmoweb.com/. Then click on the post whose title is
- Bug: http://igmoweb.com/category/ooo/musicote/ returns a 500 while it should return a 404. Here’s the full error:
TypeError: Cannot read property 'split' of undefined at __webpack_exports__.default.str (webpack-internal:///./node_modules/@frontity/wp-source/src/libraries/handlers/utils/capitalize.ts:2:73) at Object.eval (webpack-internal:///./node_modules/@frontity/wp-source/src/libraries/handlers/taxonomy.ts:14:400) at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:68:7)
- Have you seen that if you search something in your docs page, you cannot click a result? It doesn’t work.
- Managing local packages is a total pain. Needs a better solution or a way to include them form the frontity settings without having them in the package.json declared as dependencies.
I hope it helps to improve the project. Keep the great work!
Here’s the repository for my blog: https://github.com/igmoweb/igmoweb.com