[Meetup] Demoing Frontity Framework

Hi @brandondove!

You can have a look at https://woocommerce.github.io/woocommerce-rest-api-docs/ for WooCommerce rest api doc. A few months back I have used the same API for e-commerce App.

2 Likes

Thanks @brandondove for spreading the word about Frontity :relaxed:

Yes, @David is working on non-blog homepages, custom post types and custom taxonomies as we speak. They’ll be ready next week.

WooCommerce and Authentication support are two very interesting features that we haven’t started thinking about yet. If there’s enough interest maybe we could generate a design doc (with the help of however is interested of course) and then ask the community for help in the development.

Of course, you could work with the REST API directly, but that’s not the point of Frontity. The point is that everything should be simple and extensible.

Maybe a new package @frontity/woocommerce that implements the commerce namespace with actions like:

// actions...
actions.commerce.addToCart(item);
actions.commerce.createOrder(order);
// state...
state.commerce.cart.items; // the items in the cart
state.commerce.cart.coupons; // the coupons applied

That’s a good reference to start with, thanks @smit.soni22.
It’s great to have people with experience using the WooCommerce API in the community :relaxed:

3 Likes

Looks like I missed the meet up. I was curious if it was the same OC I am familiar then saw that it was set around the LA/OC WordCamp confirming my suspicions. Well…

OC native here, I came interested in using Frontity for my clients needing better mobile optimization and a new way to theme.

In regards to headless Wordpress, my key interests are in general how to best go about supporting the common SEO tools most web firms that hire me use and indeed will be asking for.

Then of course there is WooCommerced, ACF and if it’s even possible to use a tool like Elementor to quickly build out sites while using it’s formatted page builder json stored in the database to generate much lighter react versions of it’s modules on the headless front end removing the death by divs the current Wordpress output creates. Pipe dream for now but I love the idea of a Weblfow for Wordpress that supports headless and is not restrictive when it comes to coding.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback Philip! In case of your interest, I think the next meetup takes place on Monday 8th of July :slight_smile:

Here’s more info: https://www.meetup.com/es-ES/OC-Wordpress-Group/events/cvpndqyzkblb/.