Make Keep Frontity Updated easier to find

Description

I’d like to have the Keep Frontity Updated guide more accessible, because I go to the docs from time to time trying to find this guide, and never remember where it is.

Possible solution

Move it to the main menu, or create some sort of shortcut, bookmark in the main menu to the page of the guide.

Another possible solution could be to add a small box or something with a summary of the steps in the main page.

Thanks for the suggestion @orballo. I’m sure the @community-team will take note :slight_smile:

Maybe it’d be a good idea to also:

1. Release a npx frontity update command to make the update process easier.
  2. Display a console message if there are new versions available when people run npx frontity dev.

What do you think?

1 Like

I think those solutions are ideal.

HI @orballo,

Thanks a lot for your feedback!
Besides the improvements suggested by @luisherranz, the @documentation-team takes note of your feedback and will analyze the proper place for this content

In order to have more info about your “documentation experience”… could you answer a few questions regarding your feedback?

I’d like to have the Keep Frontity Updated guide more accessible, because I go to the docs from time to time trying to find this guide, and never remember where it is.

• There is a Search Tool that should ease finding any content in the documentation. Have you used it? If not… Why? Should the Search Tool be in a more relevant place? Have you found any problem with using it?

• Why do you need to locate this specific info from time to time?

Thanks in advance!
Your feedback is very valuable for us and will allow us to improve the documentation

2 Likes

I did not use it. I don’t usually use search features, but in this case I’d say that I didn’t use it because I already knew what I wanted, so I didn’t even thought about that.

Because I need to update my Frontity project with each release.

Thanks a lot @orballo :+1:

We’ll take your feedback into account to improve our documentation

1 Like