Localhost not refreshing and not updated

Hello guys !

As a junior, Iā€™ve just discovered Frontity. I created my first project, everything was fine but I donā€™t know why, my browser stopped to update my localhost:3000 page. I changed the content, I saved many times my files and nothing changes when I try to launch my server with npx frontity dev.

What Iā€™m using as tools :

• Editor : Webstorm
  • Terminal : iTerm
  • Browser : Chrome

What I tried to solve this :

• stop the server with ctrl+c and relaunch with npx frontity dev
  • close my editor, open the project is visual code and save it again.
  • restart the computer
  • tried on another port like localhost:4000

here a screenshot of what I get when I launch my server :

Thank you so much for your help girls/guys !

1 Like

Hey @jct.sylvain can you try to create a new frontity project and check if the problem persists?

Hello :slight_smile:. With a new project, everything works fine. I guess Iā€™ll keep going on this new one and keep an eye on all my production steps in case of the issue occurs again.

Thank you anyway :smiley:

see here: Unable to recompile in Frontity Dev mode - #9 by codemonkeynorth

only solution I found was create a new project and replace the theme with your old one

@Pablo one thing I noticed is that all the package.json files in the projectā€™s node_modules have a _where path eg

"_where": "D:\\dev\\test.io\\node_modules\\webpack-bundle-analyzer",

inside the file D:\dev\test.io\node_modules\webpack-bundle-analyzer\node_modules\commander\package.json

and the same in all other packages

if I move or rename the project folder, is there a chance this may cause the webpack process to break? I did a full diff on an old project and a new project and literally the only difference I could find were these package.json values

[update]
tried renaming a new projectā€™s folder. did not break it.

I was hoping to use this framework, but what am I missing? Iā€™m following the initial tutorial and I experienced the same issue detailed here when I introduced dayjs to format the post date. I removed the formatted date and it still does not work. I understand creating another project could work but that implies this is not a production-ready framework. Is that an accurate conclusion?

1 Like