Just to be clear, it's not possible at all to use SCSS?

I have read a few posts on this topic but just wanted to get a definitive answer. It isn’t actually possible to use scss with Frontity? Only css-in-js?

Hey @artw91, welcome to Frontity :wave:

The definitive answer is no, it’s not possible to use SCSS with frontity and the reasons for this are outlined here: https://docs.frontity.org/learning-frontity/styles#from-sass-to-css-in-js

However, I hope that it doesn’t prevent you from using frontity. The section on styling should give you most of the information on how to get started. The CSS in JS approach has all the same benefits as SCSS (and more) and it shouldn’t be too difficult to convert existing styles to use emotion (the library that frontity uses for CSS in JS).

Let us know if you have more questions! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Ah that’s a shame, I do understand why from the material already posted on the subject.

Unfortunately I was going to use frontity to set something up for a friend, and he is only just getting used to stylesheets. So a just a simple stylesheet using sass would have been ideal for him to make changes. Not sure if he will get his head round css-in-js

I’ll look for a different solution. Thanks for clarifying though.

I totally understand your concern - CSS in JS can be a bit tricky to get your head around!

In that case, may I suggest that you just introduce the css prop to your friend and skip mentioning the “styled components” approach (which might be more difficult to grasp).

The info is in our docs and as this is the same as the css prop in emotion, they have more documentation on their own website.

Hope this helps! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I really appreciate you responding, but I dont think he will go for it - thanks anyway though. Perhaps in the future.

All right, no worries. Keep us posted if you’d need more info :slightly_smiling_face: