Issue with Gsap

Hi guys,

Iā€™m sorry for bombarding with help requests but I am stuck with another issue.

I am using gsap ScrollTrigger in one of the components. The ScrollTrigger simply pins an element at the top.

That works fine until I navigate to another page, where I get this error

Uncaught DOMException: Failed to execute 'removeChild' on 'Node': The node to be removed is not a child of this node.

Are you by any chance familiar with this error?

I am killing the gsap animation when the component unmounts and that seems to be working fine. The issue comes only if I pin the element, not happening with any other gsap animation.

I have asked on the gsap forum about this and they have no idea why I am getting this error. They think it could be a conflict with the styled components or with a package in the application.

I have tried with removing the styled components and used inline styling but that didnā€™t solve the problem.

Do you have an idea as of why I could be getting that error? Could there be a package that you think could go in conflict with gsap?

Someone else was having the same issue with an app in Gatsby and they have figured out that it was indeed a package, this is what they said

it ended up being due to a package that was being used on the component for unique ids that seemed to be mixing up the node references. This had been previously been used as the ā€˜keyā€™ prop on the node list.

Here is a codesandbox that shows the issue

Thank you so much.

Hi @jeffceriello

Have you changed something in your codesandbox project? Iā€™m not seeing that error.

Hi @mburridge

Iā€™ve not made any change, the error is still showing for me. If you inspect the codesandbox iframe with the Chrome inspector and click on the ā€œAboutā€ link at the top of the page you should see this error

If I comment out line 24 (pin: true,) in the file /packages/mars-theme/src/components/verticalSlider.js there are no errors.

I can go live with the codesandbox in case you would like to edit it?

Many thanks

Hi @jeffceriello

No, Iā€™m not seeing that and the codesandbox seems to be working for me - though Iā€™m not sure exactly what behaviour to expect. What do you mean by ā€œinspect the codesandbox iframeā€? I had the Chrome devtools console open when I tried it.

Hi @mburridge

I meant to right click in the codesandbox browser panel and inspect that. Iā€™m sorry, english is not my mother tongueā€¦

Iā€™ve made a video that illustrates the error and also shows that there are no errors if I comment out line 24. Here is a link

Thank you

Hi @mburridge

Just to follow up on this issue, did you by any chance manage to take a look at it and have any idea on what is causing the errors?

Can I help debugging it in any other way?

Many thanks,
Jeff