Installation Frontity

OBS: - Sorry for the agreement of the sentences my friends are more Brasilaireo and I’m using google translator so you already know if there’s anything weird out there, forgive me … - (Hello guys, I’m very happy to receive the return of us to help us, ours I am so impolgado in learning to install the Frontity to improve the performance of my sites in wordpress that neither slept right, but unfortunately I could not … our this Frontity will be a find for us of the conditions to the WORDPRESS, …)
Hello, I have a vps in Contabo (https://contabo.com/ ) use Ubuntu system, with NGINX / EasyEngine installation to improve the performance of my wordpress sites.

I have done installation with angular and rectJS, in some courses that I have been doing, but even so, looking at the Frontity quick guide, I am confused, that nothing we are going to be sincere here I am completely lost !!!

I could not understand the installation as it works, I have to go the server and believe inside the folder of the domain install the node before and after the:
*** npx frontity create my-app && cd my-a

after this :
*** npx frontity dev
and then I believe I should send the wordpress theme I want to the | __ mars-theme /

Is this or not …
That’s why I’m finding it so confusing, I can not understand …

Well, please correct me, if I’m wrong …
-> But the Frontity I understood that after the installation of it I can work through the cms of the own wordpress, correct! without having to be creating by terminal with rect and JS, right, and so I will still have the benefit of json and react to make my site fast through REST / API, right is that ??

** For what a video was going to help a lot … grateful …

Hi @smvmobi!

I’m afraid the translation is very confusing and we can’t understand what your problem is, or where you are lost in the process of installation.

Do you mind to try writing in Portuguese? We speak Spanish, and we may catch better what you mean doing the translation on our own while having the original text :slight_smile:

1 Like

Olá pessoal, estou muito feliz em receber o retorno de vocês para nos ajudar, olha nem dormi esta noite de tão empolgado que estou para aprender a instalar o Frontity para melhorar o desempenho dos meus sites wordpress, mas infelizmente não consegui… Parabéns. A vocês pois o Frontity é um marco na história dos desenvolvedores para o WORDPRESS,…)

Olá, eu tenho um vps no Contabo ( https://contabo.com/ ) usando o sistema Ubuntu, com a instalação do NGINX / EasyEngine para melhorar o desempenho dos meus sites wordpress.

Fiz a instalação com angular e rectJS, em alguns cursos que tenho feito, mas mesmo assim, olhando o guia rápido da Frontity, estou confuso, que nada, vamos ser sinceros aqui estou completamente perdido !!!

Não consegui entender a instalação como funciona,

** tenho que ir no servidor eu acredito dentro da pasta do domĂ­nio, instalar o Nodejs antes e depois:

*** npx frontity criar my-app && cd my-a

depois disso:

*** dev npx frontity

…e então eu acredito que eu deveria enviar o tema wordpress que quero para a pasta? --> | __ mars-theme /

É isso ou não…

É por isso que estou achando tão confuso, não consigo entender…

Bom, por favor me corrijam, se eu estiver errado…

-> Mas o Frontity pelo que entendi, após a instalação do mesmo eu posso trabalhar através do cms do próprio wordpress, correto!

…sem ter que estar criando pelo terminal com o react ou JS, certo, e por isso ainda terei o benefício do json e reajctjs para tornar o meu site mais rápido através do REST / API, certo é isso ??

** Por isso que acho que um vídeo iria nos ajudar muito… grato…

Hi again!

I think you misunderstood how Frontity works. It needs to run in another server different than your WordPress and Node must be installed in that server. Frontity doesn’t interact with your WP for anything else than requesting data from the REST API.

I’m afraid that’s not correct. You DO need to deal with the terminal and code. You can’t make changes in Frontity’s themes from WP Admin.

In this video you can see all it takes to create a new Frontity project and start development locally:

We are already working on the docs and we’ll be shipping more content so people can better understand all the parts involved in Frontity.

If you have any other question, feel free to ask! :slight_smile:

@smvmobi you can now translate posts directly in forum :slight_smile:

Please take a look at: