Ideas for spreading the word on the new Twenty Nineteen Frontity Theme

Hi there :wave:

I am planning to write a blog post to introduce the Twenty Nineteen Theme for Frontity.

It would be awesome to have a demo of the theme so users could see it in action and include it in the post. @luisherranz @imranhsayed @smit.soni22 What do you think? Would this be possible? :slight_smile:

I will share this link to the GitHub repo: https://github.com/imranhsayed/frontity-twentynineteen - if there are any other useful links which you’d like me to include, let me know!

In addition, it would be great if Imran or Smit, as the authors of the theme, submit it to the "Showcases" category of the forum. This way more people from the community can know about it.

And lastly, I think that a tutorial to explain how the Twenty Nineteen WP theme was ported to Frontity or to share any other relevant learning experience might be interesting. I know this may require some time and work, so feel free to let me know your thoughts about it. Thanks!

@imranhsayed, do you want to deploy the demo yourself in your own servers or do you want me to deploy it in twentynineteen.frontity.org?

Hi @luisherranz,
It will be great if you can deploy the demo on your servers.

Thank you,
Imran

1 Like

Hi @Reyes,

@luis can put the demo on your servers.
I will be creating a demo video and a tutorial to explain how this theme was ported to Frontity over the weekend.
Please allow me time till weekend.

Thank you for your support :slight_smile:

Imran

3 Likes

Deployed to Now: https://twentynineteen.frontity.org.

It’s fast, although not as fast as mars. I guess it is because it contains 183Kbs of global CSS that cannot be optimized by emotion. It’d be great to be able to code split most of that CSS.

2 Likes

Hi @imranhsayed!

I will be creating a demo video and a tutorial to explain how this theme was ported to Frontity over the weekend. Please allow me time till weekend.

That sounds great. Please take all the time you need, there’s no rush. I’ll be working in the meantime on our blog post to announce the theme :slight_smile:

Many thanks for your help!

Hello again @imranhsayed!

Our blog post introducing the Twenty Nineteen Frontity theme is ready to be published. Could you please confirm us if we can make the announcement? Is the theme ready, or is there something you are still working on? :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Hi @Reyes
I am glad to know that the blog is ready.:blush:
@luisherranz has suggested some minor changes regarding the image size , which I will work on over the weekend.
I will also share the tutorial video by Monday morning
Is it ok we can publish the blog with video tutorial added and the changes on Monday?
Thank you
Imran :blush:

1 Like

Sure @imranhsayed, no problem at all! And thank you for the update.

We’ll wait then until all changes are made and you finish the video tutorial so we can include it in our post. Let us know next week when everything is ready. :blush:

Have a nice weekend!

1 Like

Hi @Reyes,

Here is the link for the intro/tutorial video for the twenty nineteen theme.

Let me know your thoughts on it :slight_smile:

Thank you,
Imran

2 Likes

Hi @imranhsayed,

The video looks awesome! The setup part is very clear, which is important! I will include the link in our blog post. :blush::clap:

The only thing I found a bit confusing are the pictures of our team. I mean, I think that they can be confusing as you and Smit are the authors of the theme. In my opinion, I would only leave pictures of you guys or a quick intro, if it’s not too much work of course! Let me know your thoughts.

Hi @Reyes,

I am glad you liked the video :slightly_smiling_face:
Information about the author of the theme is clear on github and npm readme.
I included your photos as well because it is a project for Frontity and wouldn’t have been possible without the love and support of your team :heart:

As contributors we consider ourselves as a part of the one big community of Frontity’s team.

So if its ok, can we keep it the same?

Thank you,
Imran Sayed

We already published the blog post and made the announcement on Twitter as well:

Thanks @imranhsayed and @smit.soni22 for your work!

1 Like

Your welcome @Reyes,
Yes I did see them. Its great.
Thank you for your support :blush::heart:

1 Like

Thank you @Reyes & Frontity Team.
Without this awesome framework, it’s not possible.
:heart:

1 Like

Great job @imranhsayed and @smit.soni22! I love the theme, and the video is also great :blush:

Do you want to submit it to the showcases section? I think it would be great to have it there.

Really excited to see the adoption of the theme in the near future!

Thank you @Pablo, I am glad you liked it :slightly_smiling_face:
Yes please. If we can put that in the showcase section.
Do I need to do anything from my end in order to submit to showcase section?

Hey @imranhsayed feel free to open a thread in the Showcases section, similar to what @jesus.designer did here. There’s no fixed structure for these posts, just share what you prefer: link to the repo, link to npm, link to the live demo…

Done

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes