How to set up Algolia with WordPress and Frontity?

Is there any other tread explaining how to set up Algolia with WordPress and Frontity?

Hi @Kent,

The twenty-twenty theme implements the search feature based on WordPress engine

Here you have the main components used to implement this search

Regarding implementing Algolia with WordPress, I haven’t tried this yet but there’s this plugin

that seems to make the search results available from the REST API

In terms of Frontity, as long as the information is available in the REST API it can be used in a Frontity project

@mmczaplinski is there any reference you know for implementing Algolia with WordPress and Frontity? Any thoughts on this?

Thanks @juanma :smiley:

I’m not aware of an Frontity example with Algolia at the moment, I’m afraid.

However, if using ElasticSearch is an option for you, you could try the frontity-elasticpress package

@nicholasio.oliveira from 10up has created has created it and it works together with the ElasticPress plugin.

3 Likes

Nice thanks :smiley: :+1:

To set up Algolia with WordPress and Frontity, you can use the Algolia plugin for WordPress to index your content, and then use the Frontity Algolia package to search and display the results in your Frontity app. I did these steps to setup Algolia for my woocommerce product limit plugin. You will also need to create an Algolia account, obtain an API key, and configure the plugin and package with your Algolia credentials. Detailed instructions can be found in the official documentation for both the Algolia plugin and the Frontity Algolia package.