How to install third part library/dependencies

I am having trouble installing react spring or any dependencies to make the project really interesting. I have decided to make everything with bootstrap but now i need to use horizontal scroling in a gallery and so i need to install a dependency/library to make the work easier.

========

Here down in a default Mars-theme i’ve installed react-spring:

npm i react-spring.

And then, npm frontity dev trying to start de application and so this:

Console message here down below

Nicolas@DESKTOP-0P2F3IG MINGW64 /c/_ DISCO D/CODIGO/_ 2022 codigo/Frontity/npm (master)
$ npx frontity dev
(node:7028) Warning: Closing file descriptor 3 on garbage collection
(Use `node --trace-warnings ...` to show where the warning was created)
(node:7028) [DEP0137] DeprecationWarning: Closing a FileHandle object on garbage collection is deprecated. Please close FileHandle objects explicitly using FileHandle.prototype.close(). In the future, an error will be thrown if a file descriptor is closed during garbage collection.

SERVER STARTED -- Listening @ http://localhost:3000
  - mode: development
  - target: module
  - public-path: /static/

Error: ./node_modules/@frontity/react-easy-state/dist/react-platform.js
Module not found: Error: Can't resolve 'react-dom' in 'C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\_ 2022 codigo\Frontity\npm\node_modules\@frontity\react-easy-state\dist'
resolve 'react-dom' in 'C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\_ 2022 codigo\Frontity\npm\node_modules\@frontity\react-easy-state\dist'
  Parsed request is a module
  using description file: C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\_ 2022 codigo\Frontity\npm\node_modules\@frontity\react-easy-state\package.json (relative path: ./dist)
    Field 'browser' doesn't contain a valid alias configuration
    resolve as module
      C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\_ 2022 codigo\Frontity\npm\node_modules\@frontity\react-easy-state\dist\node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory
      C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\_ 2022 codigo\Frontity\npm\node_modules\@frontity\react-easy-state\node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory
      C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\_ 2022 codigo\Frontity\npm\node_modules\@frontity\node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory
      C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\_ 2022 codigo\Frontity\npm\node_modules\node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory
      C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\_ 2022 codigo\Frontity\node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory
      C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\_ 2022 codigo\node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory
      C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory
      C:\_ DISCO D\node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory
      C:\node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory
      looking for modules in C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\_ 2022 codigo\Frontity\npm\node_modules
        using description file: C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\_ 2022 codigo\Frontity\npm\package.json (relative path: ./node_modules)
          using description file: C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\_ 2022 codigo\Frontity\npm\package.json (relative path: ./node_modules/react-dom)
            no extension
              C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\_ 2022 codigo\Frontity\npm\node_modules\react-dom doesn't exist
            .js
              C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\_ 2022 codigo\Frontity\npm\node_modules\react-dom.js doesn't exist
            .jsx
              C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\_ 2022 codigo\Frontity\npm\node_modules\react-dom.jsx doesn't exist
            .ts
              C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\_ 2022 codigo\Frontity\npm\node_modules\react-dom.ts doesn't exist
            .tsx
              C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\_ 2022 codigo\Frontity\npm\node_modules\react-dom.tsx doesn't exist
            as directory
              C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\_ 2022 codigo\Frontity\npm\node_modules\react-dom doesn't exist
[C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\_ 2022 codigo\Frontity\npm\node_modules\@frontity\react-easy-state\dist\node_modules]
[C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\_ 2022 codigo\Frontity\npm\node_modules\@frontity\react-easy-state\node_modules]
[C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\_ 2022 codigo\Frontity\npm\node_modules\@frontity\node_modules]
[C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\_ 2022 codigo\Frontity\npm\node_modules\node_modules]
[C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\_ 2022 codigo\Frontity\node_modules]
[C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\_ 2022 codigo\node_modules]
[C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\node_modules]
[C:\_ DISCO D\node_modules]
[C:\node_modules]
[C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\_ 2022 codigo\Frontity\npm\node_modules\react-dom]
[C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\_ 2022 codigo\Frontity\npm\node_modules\react-dom.js]
[C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\_ 2022 codigo\Frontity\npm\node_modules\react-dom.jsx]
[C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\_ 2022 codigo\Frontity\npm\node_modules\react-dom.ts]
[C:\_ DISCO D\CODIGO\_ 2022 codigo\Frontity\npm\node_modules\react-dom.tsx]
 @ ./node_modules/@frontity/react-easy-state/dist/react-platform.js 1:0-23 1:0-23
 @ ./node_modules/@frontity/react-easy-state/dist/bundle.js
 @ ./node_modules/@frontity/connect/src/index.js
 @ ./node_modules/@frontity/core/src/client/index.tsx
 @ ./build/bundling/entry-points/npopm/client.ts
 @ multi webpack-hot-middleware/client ./build/bundling/entry-points/npopm/client.ts

If you need help please visit https://community.frontity.org/.

It seems that I can’t use dependencies in frontity

Thank you,

Hi @nicobava96 !

To install dependencies on your package, you need to add them manually to the package.json file and then run npm i from the project root folder.

You should not run npm i inside a package, because it can create conflicts between dependencies, and the way Frontity works, all packages dependencies are installed together in the node_modules of the project’s root folder.

Well, It didn’t work for me.

I will put the repository down below. It’s a default Mars Theme and a dependency called “React Horizontal Scroll” (npm i react-scroll-horizontal).

I did this:

1. Installed the dependency in the root folder.
  2. paste ’ “react-scroll-horizontal”: “^1.6.6” ’ in the mars theme package.json
  3. run “npm i” in the root folder
  4. npx frontity dev and this is what I’ve got:

I have seen this error before, hope you can help me. I will put this project in a repository if you need it, buy anyway it’s a mars theme default with that dependency.

Here is the project:

@nicobava96 I think the issue is that the react-scroll-horizontal uses React 16, while Frontity uses React 17. That’s causing the conflict between dependencies, therefore the error. I’d suggest you find another more up to date library.

Hi Orballo, can you help me with this?

I have to get more than 100 posts from wordpress, how can I do that?

I’ve read that I have to configure another entry point.

I could solve the scroll horizontal thing.

Here you can see the page I’m working on:
https://nicolasbava-memoriafp-default.layer0-limelight.link/

Thank you