Frontity update: 12 July 2019

We have added some fixes to @frontity/source package.

Bugs

• source: export entity types (6f2e369)
  • source: set isHome value for the home data object (9af88b4)

Versions

- @frontity/components@1.1.8
 - @frontity/core@1.1.3
 - @frontity/file-settings@1.1.1
 - frontity@1.2.2
 - @frontity/hooks@1.1.8
 - @frontity/html2react@1.1.8
 - @frontity/mars-theme@1.1.8
 - @frontity/router@1.0.12
 - @frontity/source@1.0.11
 - @frontity/tiny-router@1.0.12
 - @frontity/types@1.0.2
 - @frontity/wp-source@1.1.0

EDIT: The Yoast package is deprecated in favor of the @frontity/head-tags plugin, which not only supports Yoast but other SEO plugins.

:clap: That’s awesome @David!

2 Likes

Thanks for doing this–one of the first things I checked for! Also. I noticed a big lack of documentation, though I am still searching around. Perhaps one of us could write a few step-by-steps!

Hi @ali, I’m sorry for the lack of documentation. That’s because we have deprecated the yoast package in favor of a more general @frontity/head-tags package.

The reason for this is that we want to support, not only Yoast, but any other SEO plugin out there.

You can follow the progress in these two pull requests:

As you can see, the work is done and we are refining the last details. We will upload the PHP plugin to the WP repository probably today and we will announce it as soon as they approve it, so it’s just a matter of days.

It’s going to be a zero-configuration package, which means that you install the PHP plugin and the Frontity package and you don’t need to do anything else, it just works :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, that sounds like magic. I’ve been learning React, still not comfortable, while also learning Frontity so you can assume it’s super frustrating. Appreciate the super quick response though. Cheers!

2 Likes