@frontity/head-tags breaks site

Hi,

I’m making a website, and wan’t to add SEO meta to my site. I have installed the @frontity/head-tags package, included it in the packages. I have installed the Frontity head plugin in wp, and Yoast seo. With all this installed, the site is unreachable(Internal Server Error). The error in the terminal is:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'add' of undefined
  at t.r.init (webpack-internal:///./node_modules/@frontity/head-tags/node_modules/react-helmet-async/lib/index.module.js:14:9540)
  at t.r.render (webpack-internal:///./node_modules/@frontity/head-tags/node_modules/react-helmet-async/lib/index.module.js:14:9603)
  at processChild (webpack-internal:///./node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom-server.node.development.js:402:631)
  at resolve (webpack-internal:///./node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom-server.node.development.js:396:122)
  at ReactDOMServerRenderer.render (webpack-internal:///./node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom-server.node.development.js:433:1199)
  at ReactDOMServerRenderer.read (webpack-internal:///./node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom-server.node.development.js:433:55)
  at renderToString (webpack-internal:///./node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom-server.node.development.js:470:116)
  at eval (webpack-internal:///./node_modules/@frontity/core/src/server/index.tsx:68:243)
  at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:93:5)
  at eval (webpack-internal:///./node_modules/koa-mount/index.js:16:290)

If I remove the @frontity/head-tags from packages, the site works, when I add it back, the site breaks again with the same error. I also tried to install @frontity/yoast, but I get the same error.

repo: GitHub - aamodtgroup/hostwp

1 Like

Hi @kasper

Sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this problem. Try deleting the node_modules folders in the project root and the local packages (e.g. your theme). Also delete the package-lock.json files in the same locations. Then try running npm install again.

In short follow the troubleshooting instructions here.

Let me know if this helps.

Hi,

I deleted the node_modules and the package-lock.json. Also removed @frontity/head-tags from the package.json. Then I ran npm install, and then npm install @frontity/head-tags, and now it works.

I did not want to delete the theme, because I am almost done with the site. Luckily I didn’t have to.

Here is the site, if you are interested: https://hostwp.no/

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @kasper

Great - glad it now works. I didn’t mean delete the theme, I meant delete node_modules and package-lock.json from the local packages which might include the theme.

The site looks fantastic. Great work - congratulations. Have you considered submitting it to our showcases page?

1 Like

Hi @mburridge

I see, well good that i didn’t.

Thank you. I have now submitted it. I’m currently watching the workshop from JSNation on the Frontity YouTube channel, great walkthrough!

2 Likes

Hi @kasper

Thanks for the kind words, but the JS Nation tutorial has been superseded by our recently published step-by-step tutorial. We would now recommend this as the best resource for learning to develop websites with Frontity.

Yay :raised_hands:, I look forward to seeing it featured there.

2 Likes

Hi @mburridge

I will walk through that instead then, thanks! :smile:

1 Like