Es5 Bundle asset size limit

hi guys,
From one day to another, I pushed some minor chages in my code, and it was not deployed on vercel. After investigating the issue, I have found that the es5 bundle file has a size limit, which gives an error on build.

Is there any way I can set the size limit higher? or reduce the file size?
(I have read all the forums and tried everything from reducing image sizes and splitting the code but nothing seemed to work)

thank you,
kris

Hey Kris,

although 100% recommended, this is not required to have the bundle size below. So what you are seeing is just a warning, not an error. If your build is not working, it could be another issue. As for lowering the size, you just need to do code splitting. I personally have never managed to keep it below the suggested size. Most of my projects the bundle is around 700kb. I know its a lot but that the best I could do so far, wihout implementing any extra big brain strategies.

Hope that helps a bit. Let me know if you have some more-specific questions.

Greetings

hey, thank you. I am having the same issue as in this recently uploaded topic:

I already posted a solution for that. You can see it there

Bundle asset size limits are typically relevant when optimizing the performance and loading speed of web applications. Large bundle sizes can lead to slower page load times and negatively impact the user experience, especially on slower internet connections or mobile devices.

Here are some factors to consider when dealing with asset size limits in ES5 bundles:

1. File Size Optimization: Minify and compress your JavaScript code and other assets (such as CSS and images) to reduce their file sizes. This can be achieved using tools like UglifyJS for JavaScript minification and image compression tools for images.
  2. Code Splitting: Divide your application code into smaller, Learn manageable chunks that can be loaded on-demand. This helps avoid loading unnecessary code upfront and can improve the initial page of Usar herramienta load time.