Error: Did you forget to run "frontity build"?

Hi @ni.bonev,

Unfortunately we donā€™t provide support to private repositories.

Could you replicate your issue (only the portion of the code that provokes the issue) in a public repository (or codesandbox) so any member of the community (Frontity team included) can help you with your issue?

1 Like

Hi @ni.bonev !

Could you run npx frontity info (Iā€™d like to see if you are using any packages that might be causing this issue and what version of node youā€™re on)

Also, just to let you know: This is unfortunately an issue with one of frontityā€™s dependencies and not with frontity itself.

It doesnā€™t, of course, mean that itā€™s less important, just that we might have less ability to fix it and to fix it quickly - sorry about this!

2 Likes

Hey @mmczaplinski,

thank you so much for coming back to me about this. I was already getting to start desperate.
Just to say a few things, also referring to @juanmaā€™s answer.

I completely understand the situation and I donā€™t expect you guys to debug/fix my issue. It is however something that was suggested so I wanted to offer access to my repository.

This aside, all I wanted was to get some help with debugging this and getting to the bottom of it, as I am completely clueless how to find the issue in a situation where the error is so vague. I would love to find the solution, just some directions are needed :slight_smile:

Here is the output from npx frontity info

šŸ§Ÿ $ npx frontity info

## System:
 - CPU: (8) x64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8259U CPU @ 2.30GHz
 - Memory: 25.62 MB / 8.00 GB
 - Shell: 5.0.18 - /usr/local/bin/bash
## Binaries:
 - Node: 10.14.2 - /usr/local/bin/node
 - npm: 6.14.8 - /usr/local/bin/npm
## Browsers:
 - Chrome: 86.0.4240.75
 - Edge: 86.0.622.38
 - Firefox: 70.0
 - Safari: 13.0.2
## npmPackages:
 - @frontity/core: ^1.7.3 => 1.9.0
 - @frontity/head-tags: ^1.0.5 => 1.0.7
 - @frontity/html2react: ^1.3.5 => 1.4.0
 - @frontity/koenighaus-theme: ./packages/koenighaus-theme => 1.4.2
 - @frontity/tiny-router: ^1.2.1 => 1.2.1
 - @frontity/wp-source: ^1.8.1 => 1.9.0
 - @hookform/error-message: 0.0.4 => 0.0.4
 - axios: ^0.19.2 => 0.19.2
 - frontity: ^1.10.1 => 1.12.0
 - frontity-contact-form-7: ^0.1.7 => 0.1.7
 - js-cookie: ^2.2.1 => 2.2.1
 - libphonenumber-js: ^1.7.57 => 1.8.2
 - libphonenumber-js-core:  1.0.0
 - libphonenumber-js-max:  1.0.0
 - libphonenumber-js-min:  1.0.0
 - libphonenumber-js-mobile:  1.0.0
 - react-hook-form: ^6.4.1 => 6.8.6
 - react-select: ^3.1.0 => 3.1.0
 - react-spring: ^8.0.27 => 8.0.27
 - woocommerce-shop: file:packages/woocommerce-shop => 1.0.0
## npmGlobalPackages:
 - frontity: Not Found
 - npx: Not Found

Hey @ni.bonev, could you please try using a ā€œmanual serveā€ to see if the problem is in our npx frontity serve command?

Something like this: https://github.com/luisherranz/frontity-react-slick/commit/86df2ad6b53db235f10230e953b410d8c8ba2f7a

Hey @luisherranz,

i tested this and the manual serve works on localhost. However I am not certain how it should work when deploying my app to my VPS? Which port do I need to use? Will that create some conflicts?

You can use any port you want, like when using npx frontity serve. Just set it on the file.

Ok, thatā€™s good news! It means the problem is on the CLI.

Could you please create a new project, with mars-theme for example, and slowly add all your npm packages, one by one, running npx frontity build && npx frontity serve in between until you find the one that makes it fail?