Embed css from plugin

Hi,

I’m using smash balloon’s instagram feed WP plugin (via shortcode… Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org English (UK)) and it comes with a css file. I’d like to use the external css link so that it keeps up to date with the plugin.

Is the simplest way just to include a stylesheet link to the plugin directory on my WP domain in my footer?

Are there any benefits to downloading the css to my project and importing it as a Global style? (Again, I’d then have to update it and rebuild the site if the plugin updates)

Thanks
J

If the plugin is build properly you should at least be able to get the CSS from the head (using the head tags plugin & package).
Otherwise you have to link to the CSS/JS files manually, which you can do with the component.

The benefits of using CSS-in-JS is that React can decide when to enclose the CSS to the output, so it’s only there when actually needed. Using is nice, but adds a lot of overhead to each page, especially when including larger CSS files.

Personally I ignore CSS provided by plugins (if I use plugins at all) and always write my own specifically for the (custom) theme I’m using.
Although I also do that for normal WP projects.