Contributing - Frontity's introduction video

Hi guys,:wave:

This is Imran Sayed. I am a React and WordPress developer
I found Frontity super awesome. So I have contributed to your community by creating a super awesome Introduction and Set up video for you.

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Hi Imran! :wave:

Welcome and thanks a lot for your contribution! This is an amazing introduction!

I’ve added it at the end of our blog post about the Frontity framework beta: https://blog.frontity.org/introducing-frontity-framework-beta/#introduction-video.

Would you like to share the video on Reddit as well? If you don’t have an account, we can post it for you :slight_smile:

Your welcome @Reyes.:slightly_smiling_face:

i am happy to help.:blush:
Yes if you can share the video on Reddit on my behalf please.

I want to make the second video in the same series, which will be for React developers.
This video will explain them how to use Frontity like :

• Modifying theme
  • Updating information on Settings

Is it possible for you to give me a walkthrough of the codebase for the same?
And let me know what you would like me to showcase in the next video.

If we can set a video call ( I am available between 21:00 to 00:00 IST on weekdays and 10:00 to 00:00 IST on weekends )

1 Like

Hey Imran,

First of all, welcome to the community. The video is great, thanks a lot.

I think that @luisherranz is the right person to help you with this. I let him organize this with you :slight_smile:

Sure @Pablo , thank you :blush:. Looking forward to talk to @luisherranz

Sure, I’ll be happy to do that for you :blush:

By the way, are you going to WordCamp Europe by any chance?

Your welcome. :blush:

I am not going, however the CEO of the company I work for is going to WE as a speaker

1 Like

I can see that you are going to WE @Reyes :blush:
I wish I could join you

Amazing. So happy to have you on the community Imran :relaxed:

Ok, some things to take into account:

1. We still want to add some features to mars-theme:

• AMP support.
    • Language support.
    • AutoFetch in tiny-router (which simplifies code on mars-theme even further).
  2. We are going to have a couple of breaking changes to the code:

• Change state.source.data(...) to state.source.get(...).
    • Change “Frontity packages” name to “Frontity extensions”.

I think is important to have those changes ready for the video because if not it’ll be confusing. But we can prioritize those things so they are ready as soon as possible. We don’t expect other API changes for the 1.0 version. You can track the progress at 🕐 1.0 Roadmap & Progress.

We are also working on the full documentation now. It explains many things that are not explained yet about sites, state, actions, modes, packages and so on. It’s not that I think you should include those things, it’s great if you do a video just on Modifying theme and Updating information on Settings but I think it’d be better if you understand the full picture. It’s totally our fault not to have that ready yet, sorry about that.

Ok, so this is my proposal:

• We release the full docs.
  • We finish all the breaking changes for 1.0.
  • You and me do a video call to review everything and solve any doubt you may have.

Let me know if that works for you :slight_smile:

Thank you @luisherranz for giving me an opportunity to contribute. :blush:

I can imagine the challenges in the beginning.

I agree with your proposal :page_with_curl:.
It makes sense to wait for you to finish all the breaking changes and document release.
I will keep a watch on your Roadmap & Progress.
Please let me know once you are ready, so that we can do a video call.
Like you said its better I get the full picture, that will help me present it better and showcase the benefits appropriately.
So would need your help on that, once we take a call.

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks to you Imran!

I’ll let you know our progress here as well.

Hi Imran,

What a pity that you cannot make it to WordCamp Europe. We’ll try to reach out Rahul, it would be nice to meet him too.

I see that you already talked to Luis about the video :slight_smile: If you there is anything else we can help with, do not hesitate to ask.

Certainly @Reyes , you should meet Rahul. He is very experienced. He is a gem.

And If I need any help I will let you know. :blush:

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: I don’t see the new post updated on the frontity until I re-run npm run dev

Hey @imranhsayed, we’ve just released the v1 RC so APIs are now stable and no more breaking changes will be added :slight_smile:

If you want to go ahead we can do that video-call now.