The team is now working on the WordPress Interactivity API. This unblocks the same UX Frontity framework enabled but directly in WordPress Core, fully compatible with the new Site Editor.
So it works for the regular posts, but not cpt. Does anyone know how to add support for cpt as well?
kasper7
Any updates on this, I still cannot get it work…
mburridge8
Hi @kasper
I think that you need to a taxonomies property to your frontity.settings.js file for the CPT. Please see our docs here.
kasper9
Hi @mburridge
So do I need to add categories as a taxonomy? Or do I need to make a new taxonomy and use that instead of categories?
mburridge10
Hi @kasper
CPTs should work with the existing taxonomies like category and tag. They don’t necessarily need a custom taxonomy to be defined.
However, when you define your CPT with register_post_type I think you need to define the taxonomy that it’s going to use in the taxonomies property in the args array. See here for more info.