Adding Related Posts

Hey all, planning to get stuck in to adding a ā€œrelated postsā€ section to my single page view this weekend.

Full disclosure, Iā€™ve not attempted yet but just find my mind wandering over the last few days of how best to approach it and havent been able to fully visualise a good method.

Just curious if anyone here has done this and can share their thoughts on their preferred method before I get started.

Do you plan to write the logic for deciding what posts are ā€˜relatedā€™ yourself? When building PHP-based themes for WordPress we had some good experiences using the YARPP plugin (https://nl.wordpress.org/plugins/yet-another-related-posts-plugin/) and it seems to have REST API endpoints, so that might be interesting for you?

2 Likes

Hi @403page

The plugin that @dominique suggests looks interesting. I guess it depends on how youā€™re intending to implement this, but good old WordPress tags are another way of deciding what posts are related to the current one - so long as you have a consistent and systematic approach to adding tags to posts.

1 Like