XML Sitemaps landing in WordPress Core

Realizing that Yoast sitemaps does not include ACF images in the sitemap - as the ACF Content Analysis for Yoast SEO does not crawl the app domain. I guess the domain should be changed earlier than when its outputting the link URLs.

Maybe there’s a better alternative than Yoast’s sitemaps, if they dont adjust their plugin more for going headless.

There is no information regarding sitemap in the documentations. Could someone from team please consider adding it?

Hi @Divaksh

Regarding this, we have created an issue to have a look at it and try to provide a better explanation on this → https://github.com/frontity/docs/issues/251

Feel free to comment on the issue to add any specific information you missed from the docs so we can take it into account when we work on this.

Thanks a lot for your feedback

Hi !
I have generated my own sitemap.xml for different routes by using react-router-sitemap and now i want to open it in a route. e.g: https://staging.cashero.com/sitemap.xml
But it’s always giving me 404.
I have done this work many times in simple react websites. But first time, it’s creating issue only on frontity.
So, Can anyone please help me out on this issue ?
Thanks

Hi,

I wanted Google to index my site, so i found this thread and read up on how to do it. I changed my frontity sitemap with the function in the thread, and the new sitemap works, but the link to the homepage does not change. I removed the ‘no index’ setting in wordpress yesterday, and now Google has indexed my site. The problem is that is has indexed the wp site and the frontity site, and that the homepage is only indexed as the wp version. Is there another way to add a sitemap?

-Kasper

The reason is that Frontity doesn’t use react-router. It has its own router.

• How is your Frontity’s robots.txt? Is it pointing to the correct WordPress sitemap?
  • How are the URLs of your WordPress sitemap? Are they changed to the Frontity’s URLs?

Oh OK. So how can i use frontity’s router and open my own sitemap on specific route ? e.g localhost:3000/sitemap.xml

What we recommend right now it to use robots.txt to point to your WordPress sitemap, and filter the URLs of the sitemap to point to the Frontity domain.

Or to use the Embedded Mode.

In the future we will open more possibilities :slightly_smiling_face:

OK thank you. I will also try this

I have added api.website.com/sitemap.xml url in robots.txt file but sitemap is not working.

Could you please explain me in details how i can load the sitemap.xml from frontity domain. eg : www.website.com/sitemap.xml

Thanks

Hi @bhagvan.vrinsofts have you had any update on this? Did you figure out how to access the sitemap from www.website.com/sitemap.xml?

Thanks

I have not found a way to do this, but you don’t have to. Google or any robot, doesn’t care where your sitemap is hosted, as long as the domain is the same.
So for example if you have:

website.com - frontity
cms.website.com - WP

You can then in your robots.txt in website.com place:
Sitemap: https://cms.website.com/wp-sitemap.xml

Actually it doesn’t even have to be on the same domain, it can be anywhere, however if its on another domain you will have to rely on Google picking it up itself, as search console won’t allow you to submit a sitemap that is not on the same main domain.

2 Likes