Webpack building... in 6000ms and hotreload take 6000ms too

Hi first of all Thank you for your work.

I don’t know why webpack is very slow every time I edit a file, I need to wait 6seconds, it should be reloading very fast.
I tried other projects on my OS with webpack and no speed issues.
Do you have an idea where I have to search ?
Thank you.
Joseph

Here the frontity info :

System:

• CPU: (12) x64 Intel® Core™ i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz
  • Memory: 22.23 GB / 31.74 GB

Binaries:

• Node: 14.15.4 - C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.EXE
  • npm: 6.14.3 - C:\Program Files\nodejs\npm.CMD

Browsers:

• Chrome: 88.0.4324.190
  • Edge: Spartan (44.18362.449.0)
  • Internet Explorer: 11.0.18362.1

npmPackages:

• @frontity/core: ^1.10.1 => 1.10.1
  • @frontity/html2react: ^1.6.1 => 1.6.1
  • @frontity/mars-theme: ./packages/mars-theme => 1.5.0
  • @frontity/tiny-router: ^1.3.2 => 1.3.2
  • @frontity/wp-source: ^1.11.1 => 1.11.1
  • dayjs: ^1.10.4 => 1.10.4
  • frontity: ^1.14.1 => 1.14.1
  • guide-1618-theme: file:packages/guide-1618-theme => 1.0.0
  • webpack: ^5.24.2 => 5.24.2 (4.46.0)
  • webpack-cli: ^4.5.0 => 4.5.0

npmGlobalPackages:

• frontity: Not Found
  • npx: Not Found

I am facing the same issue. I wait for like 20 seconds on each change… what the…?

My MacBook sounds like it’s going to explode once I run npm run dev command… any solution to this?

Is this something to do with styled components? I write bunch of classes inside of my styled component, I think I read somewhere that we should avoid this in frontity?

So weird, yes, I tried a new Gatsby project, and it’s 500ms.
I really wanted to try out frontity, but that issues is nota at all Dev User Friendly.

We have just made a new release (still working on the announcement) where this issue has been solved. Could you please update your project and check if you still have this problem please?

1 Like

update to latest or to specific version?

Update to the latest version. You can follow this guide :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not sure if the issue is resolved. My MacBook is about to explode every time I run npm run dev :slight_smile:

Could you please provide some of the info suggested here?

The more info you provide about your issue the better. Providing a repo or code-sandbox with your code is especially helpful to find solutions of technical issues with specific code.

The repo is here. It’s impossible to do development in this kind of environment that is super slow. Not sure if it’s something up to me or not, but it’s happening only when I start developing with Frontity. On other projects, everything is working super - fast.

I couldn’t test it locally because the WordPress site is currently not working. Anyway I have some questions: