Upgrading Node

What’s the latest version stable version of node that a Frontity theme would support?

I have it working in latest node LTS - 14.7.0

Thanks for the quick response.

I upgraded my theme to 14.17.0 yesterday, I get this error when trying to deploy to vercel

Error! Found `engines` in `package.json` with an invalid Node.js version range: ">=14.17.0".
Please set "engines": { "node": "12.x" } in your `package.json` file to upgrade to Node.js 12.
Error! Check your logs at https://_logs or run `vercel logs frontity-theme.app`
npm ERR! code 1
npm ERR! path C:\placement\frontity-theme-cardiff-2021
npm ERR! command failed
npm ERR! command C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /d /s /c vc

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     C:\Users\WinUser\AppData\Local\npm-cache\_logs\2021-05-18T08_06_37_720Z-debug.log

The upgrade has also broken my category links. On the home page of my site, I can see all the categories are in frontity.state.source.category however following the link for a category results in a 404 error page.

Hi @leogardner12

Can you please provide a repo or code-sandbox with your code? This is especially helpful to find solutions to technical issues with specific code

Detailing the info suggested here when having issues will help the community to provide the best possible help as quickly and as efficiently as possible.

BTW, have you tried the solution suggested in the error message you’re sharing?

Did you set the "engines": { "node": ">=14.17.0" } in the package.json of your theme?

If that’s the case, you should not do that. Node 14 is the default on Vercel so your app has already been running on node 14 and you can remove that "engines" property from your package.json. Additionaly, you should only ever specify the major version of node inside of the "engines" field like "engines": { "node": "14.x" }.

1 Like