Types for the `frontity` state

Hi folks! :smiley:

I’m trying to migrate the existent mars-theme to typescript as a starting point for a new theme and I noticed there is no way to know the types of the state.frontity fields. Should I define them manually in my theme’s types or should they be defined somewhere else?

EDIT: Also, I noticed that tiny-router is importing @frontity/router types, but that package is declared as a dev dependency, so when you do npm i inside a Frontity project, those packages are not installed and you will have TypeScript complaining.

Uh, TypeScript in Mars! :ringer_planet::heart::raised_hands:

Good question. I’ve only defined url because I’m not sure which ones should be the standard.

I won’t like to add too many things to the “standard”. Maybe title and description are basic, since you won’t usually want to retrieve them from the REST API, right?

What other state.frontity fields do you miss?

Oh, feel free to fix that then :slight_smile:

I didn’t miss anything else. It’s just a bit weird to define some fields under the frontity namespace, and then to type them in the theme, but I guess that if we cover those 3, people will define the new ones under the theme namespace.

If you want me to add those types in a PR let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure, go ahead :slight_smile:

Hey mate,

did you ever succeed in creating the TS version of the mars theme? And if so, would you mind sharing? I was about to start working on this when I realised that I am likely not the first one who thought about this and found your old post.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi! I’m afraid I stopped working on that. But I didn’t actually ported mars-theme to TypeScript, I built another theme from it. So you can proceed with your theme!

If you have any doubt I might be able to help.

I opened Problems when starting a Frontity project with TypeScript to continue the conversation there.