Does Mailoptin works on Frontity

I am working on doing small checks on what WordPress plugin supported by frontity and a friend brought Mailoptin to my notice. So i don’t really know if there is a way to integrate mailoptin plugin on frontity site

Would need help

Hi @johnboscoobiejesi :wave:

I’m afraid that the Mailoptin plugin is not supported by Frontity. I could not find anything in their documentation indicating that they are compatible with the WP REST API in any way - Frontity gets the data from Wordpress through the REST API and renders it in JS.

As far as I can tell, the way you use the Mailoptin plugin is to create custom forms using their form builder. Because with Frontity you the entirety of your site’s frontend using JS and React, it is not really conceptually compatible with how Mailoptin works.

However, it’s not difficult to create your own mail subscription form in React! :slight_smile: In terms of tracking customer actions and conditionally triggering notifications (as Mailoptin supports) I’m sure there exists a similar solution that has a javascript SDK. google analytics and https://segment.io come to mind as some of them (this is not an official endorsement, of course :slight_smile: )

Also, we are planning to release an official namespace for newsletter packages, so in the future you will be able to add Frontity packages for Mailchimp and the like, or create your own one: Package to enable Newsletter subscription.

3 Likes

Alright, thanks for the well detailed response. I will try to work around some other ideas and see if i can come up with something.