301 redirects stored in WordPress database

I don’t have a use case in mind where I’m sure that we should not return the redirection. I was wondering if this kind of redirection should be considered a misconfiguration or not.

But I think you’re right that it is possible that a site might redirect a post from their WordPress domain at wp.domain.com/some-post domain to the frontity site at domain.com/some-post. And in that case the intention would be that if if a user goes to wp.domain.com/some-post they should see the frontity site instead of the WP site, but they will end up in the infinite loop.

We have merged a PR to fix the issue mentioned by Luis:

Now, Frontity will NOT be making the redirection if the link is the same and comes from the domain that is “internal” (the one where the WordPress instance or the Frontity app is located). More details of the logic are in the PR.

Hi,
is there a way to redirect if url contains special characters? For example ö/ä/å?
I mean I have existing page localhost/malmo but if in url it’s localhost/malmö I get 404 error (I have a lot such pages)

Does this work if you just use WP traditionally? How does the redirect returned by the redirectons plugin look like?

Thanks for the reply!
I think I found the solution with redirection plugin in WP.
Something like this:
^/(.*)ö(.*)/ redirect to /$1o$2/

1 Like