✅ Beta Roadmap & Progress

I’ll be figuring out how to work with composer and monorepos, unless something more important comes up.

Today I’ll be working on how frontity sources should work.

Ok, posted On WP plugins and how to manage them and now I’m moving to work on the Settings API.

Yesterday I was working mostly on solving how to combine serverless (only one file for the server bundle) with code splitting in The Frontity Server Architecture: Serverless.

I’ll keep working on that today, I think I have an idea to make it work.

Still working on the Settings API.

Yesterday I was looking at both WordPress REST APIs (wordpress.org and wordpress.com) and I found something funny with the last one.

If you are using wp.com REST API it seems that you can’t make a GET /sites/$site/media call without authentication, which is bad. :frowning_face:

Also, when you retrieve posts using a GET /sites/$site/posts call, the attachment attribute will contain up to 20 attachments, no more, as explained below.

parameter type description
attachment Object Hash of post attachments (keyed by attachment ID). Returns the most recent 20 attachments. Use the /sites/$site/media endpoint to query the attachments beyond the default of 20 that are returned here.

I’m going to investigate if there’s something else that can be done, but at the moment it seems that the only way to get all media items in a post (if it has more than 20) is to use authentication.

1 Like

I keep working in the first scripts, and I almost got serverless working as well. I hope to have it finished today.

Still working on the Settings API.

Yesterday I was working in a communication with @SantosGuillamot and @Reyes and today I’ll try to merge the npm run dev script and help @David and @orballo with the Settings API, the Source API, Overmind and TypeScript.

I’m writing the final schema for the Settings API.

1 Like

I want to take a look at the way we produce bundles to see if we can make one client bundle per mode and per site as outlined here: How to resolve dynamic imports in Webpack

I think I’m going to open an Alpha Release Roadmap topic first.

I’ll be working on the file-settings package.

I’m working on the API of the wp-source package: its methods, settings, etc.

Yesterday I managed to get different client bundles working perfectly and I created the Alpha Release Roadmap.

Today I’ll try to finish some of the tasks of the Roadmap, maybe fix the server bundle for serverless and build and serve scripts. I also want to work with @David in the Source API.

I’ll be working in the file-settings package.
Currently I’m defining the final schema with the new changes suggested by Luis.

Yesterday I did some PRs (build and serve scripts, serverless, sever static files from koa…) and today I’ll be making the examples folder work and thinking how can we test the scripts and bundles.

I’m starting to write the file-settings package. There are like three different functions to be implemented:

• One that imports the settings from frontity.settings.js.
  • One that selects the needed settings and returns them (getSettings)
  • One that selects the needed settings and returns a list of packages (getPackages)

Yesterday I finally made the first example work [:muscle:] and today I’ll be creating the newsletter form for the new frontity.org.

Today I’ll be working on the README for frontity/frontity :nerd_face: